Implementation of Athena system to a Major financial firm
Client: A leading Brokerage & Asset Management house in Nigeria
Business area: Front Office; Middle Office and Back office (Equities Trading)
Integration: Global Trading (UK, EMEA & USA)
Manual processing of fixed income trade execution using Excel spreadsheet.
Manual relaying of equity orders to the securities desk, which sometimes leads to errors.
Delay in execution of mandates due to late release of stocks by custodian
- Double Keying of orders resulting in erroneous processing or orders
- Lack of pre-trade compliance check resulting in trade mismatch
- Late dissemination of contract notes to counterparties
- Manual processing of generating contract notes leading to generation of wrong notes
- Operational risks associated with trade execution reports generated manually using Excel spreadsheets
- key man dependency risk.
Barton Heyman Delivered Implementation
Barton Heyman helped manage the successful deployment of software solutions for the Brokerage and Asset Management businesses. These solutions provided a robust and scalable framework by automating the Front-Office (FO) for the Asset Management and brokerage business. There was also a successful integration with other back office solutions.
Barton Heyman played key roles in Managing the project, analysing and business as well as implementation consultancy from initiation to completion.
- Straight-through processing of Investment Orders from Buy side to the Sell side dealing desk
- Straight through Processing of Order Execution
- Funds Monitoring through a state of the art Compliance system
- Investment Performance and Risk Management
- Liquidity Management
- Automated Reporting & Portfolio management.